Company: Taurus Capital
Position: Marketing Manager
Report to: Elad Smadja (Chief Operations Officer)
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Why Taurus Capital?
Taurus Capital is on the journey of growing from a great business to a significant business. We have all the right building blocks in place: a proven compelling client proposition, clear distribution channels, a solid team and strong financial backing. We are driven team who are passionate about what we do with an “all-in” attitude to achieving success and having fun along the way. As a leader in the business you will be expected to help drive the business culture and strategy and give of your ‘shower thoughts’.
Joining our growing team during the foundation phase will allow you the opportunity to gain unique professional skills and experiences, whilst developing an exponential career growth path. The Taurus Capital Finance Group (Pty) Ltd comprises both Taurus Capital, the leading provider of financial solutions to the South African legal industry as well as well as RAFPay, the trusted finance provider that offers Road Accident Fund claimants an upfront payment of their approved court order. The two companies share an office and management and present an opportunity to work with highly talented people and experience a steep and valuable learning curve. If you come from an experienced marketing or brand background and you’re comfortable working in a start-up environment where things change quickly and a solid work ethic is part of your DNA, then this is the role for you!
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the Marketing Manager role is to sustainably grow the number of viable lead enquiries for both Taurus Capital and RAFPay through the conceptualisation, management and execution of a monthly marketing plan for both brands. The marketing plan should consider the holistic array of owned and paid marketing/brand channels available to the incumbent, including but not limited to the brand websites, email marketing, social media marketing, search marketing, PR, relationships with industry bodies, digital advertising across third-party platforms, content generation, thought leadership etc. The Marketing Manager’s role also includes client relationship management, organisation of adhoc events, responsibility for all brand collateral as well as weekly meetings with the brands’ sales teams and the compilation of monthly marketing analytics and budget updates.
This role will not work in isolation but will be closely supported by the COO to structure the correct people, processes and systems which allow us to responsibly scale our operations and meet our ambitious long-term goals. There will be a blend of strategic planning/building but also tactical day-to-day responsibilities to support sales in getting new deals approved and managing the existing book.
Management of the Taurus Capital and RAFPay Marketing Plan
- Plan and implement an array of ongoing and adhoc tactical actions across relevant marketing channels to drive viable (high chance of conversion) lead enquiries for both Taurus Capital and RAFPay
- Use the Marketing Plan as a working document, updating daily as required
- Ensure all tactical actions are measurable and conversion tracking is implemented for all digital activity
- Prepare robust monthly analytics report including performance summary, ROI metrics for all channels and strategic recommendations for the optimization of the following month’s plan
- Prepare monthly budget/costs update for presentation to CFO
- Ensure that brand messaging and activations are aligned to the brand strategy set for both Taurus Capital and RAFPay
- Revisit the brand strategies for both Taurus Capital and RAFPay annually to ensure these are updated in line with new market entrants, product offerings and target audience insights
- Stay abreast of industry news and trends for both brands, capitalising on opportunities to leverage brand awareness
- Stay abreast of developments in the marketing world, capitalising on new platforms and opportunities to drive greater lead conversion
- Manage all third-party suppliers including design, search marketing, email marketing, social media, CRM and PR experts who provide services for either/both brands
- Work with the sales team to drive and convert prospective leads
- Act as a brand ambassador for both Taurus Capital and RAFPay, representing either brand in the media as required
- Generate thought leadership via blog, social media and newsletter content as required
- Manage both brands’ primary sales platform – the website – updating content and working with the web development team on a regular basis to ensure an optimal UX
- Provide strategic input regarding new and existing market segments, highlighting opportunity to shift share from competitors and grow the business’ client base
As a leader in the business, you will be expected to demonstrate an ownership mentality by taking accountability for your work, being pro-active and continually pushing the envelope forward to drive growth of the business within a marketing and brand capacity. This role is all about taking massive action in the most effective and efficient manner, while collaborating with the broader Taurus team. It is critical that you have the ability to understand client’s needs and are able to bring a client-centric focus to the team. You will need to bring a highly creative yet analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving. You will also require project management skills to drive coordinated action across various stakeholders in and outside of the business in meeting our goals & objectives for the division.
Other Crucial Characteristics Include:
- Deep attention to detail, ability to maintain a high standard of quality across both brands
- A good eye for visual design
- Creative flair with a strategic mindset
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and drive results-driven action across the organization
- Team player who can collaborate with the sales, product and operational teams to maximise opportunities for the business
- Ability to brief third party creatives concisely and effectively, limiting revert time and cost
- Nimbleness, the ability to adapt to change quickly
- Accountability and the ability to meet deadlines
- An authentic passion for learning, the ability to become an industry expert in a short space of time
- Advanced multitasking, prioritisation and organizational skills
- The ability to manage third parties with a blend of authority and empathy
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flair for public speaking/representing a brand publicly
- Resilience in the face of a high pace, changing environment
- Ability to craft intelligent, grammatically accurate, SEO-optimised copy for article, newsletter and collateral content
- Excellent project leadership and management skills
- Basic web design/development understanding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience as a Marketing or Brand Manager
- Deep knowledge of and proficiency in mainstream marketing channels
- Clear experience in creating, managing and implementing best-practice marketing campaigns that leverage ongoing email, search and social media marketing and adhoc PR and brand events to drive customer acquisition
- Experience in the legal or financial sector advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with an ability to tell a story
- Advanced MS Office skills
Relevant marketing or brand management degree
Please email a short cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please note that while every effort will be made to communicate feedback to applicants, if you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.